SeromYx Systems is a biotechnology service company that provides clients and partners with unprecedented insight into the functional antibody response, based on the Systems Serology platform developed at the Ragon Institute of MGH, MIT and Harvard. Systems Serology is increasingly recognized as the gold standard in interpreting humoral immune responses and correlating them with clinical outcome. As such, it is being used to tackle many of the most pressing and important challenges in immunology: see, for example, its use to develop a malaria vaccine, Suscovich et al., Sci. Transl. Med. 12, eabb4757 (2020) 22 July 2020. Malaria is one of the largest causes of mortality in children under 5 globally.
Starting operations at the end of 2019, in its first two and a half years, SeromYx has doubled in size, driven by client demand in both vaccines and monoclonal therapeutics, and targets ranging from blockbuster indications to neglected tropical diseases. SeromYx has made significant contributions to the fight against SARS-COV-2, including support for Phase 3 trials, natural history of disease longitudinal studies, multinational correlates of protection/vaccine breakthrough analyses, next generation vaccine development support and the characterization of several monoclonal antibody medicines, used for prevention or treatment. Clients range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical and vaccine companies to biotechs to leading non-governmental public health organizations.
Looking forward, we expect a further growth of 50-100% in revenues and profits, as we support the discovery and development of second-generation coronavirus vaccines, as other client projects move into BLA-enabling studies, as we expand our NTD business and as we grow into new therapeutic areas such as autoimmunity and oncology. As one further consequence of our success, we outgrew our original space and moved into new build custom labs in Woburn, MA in Q2 2022.
SeromYx has now reached the stage in its growth where it needs a dedicated marketing and business development professional, focusing on developing awareness, creating marketing initiatives and driving lead generation.
The Manager or Senior Manager (Dependent on Experience and Expertise), Marketing role will be the sole marketing role at SeromYx. The successful candidate will be responsible for all commercial aspects of the Company’s face to the outside world. Working closely with the CEO, he or she will be responsible for developing and executing digital and physical marketing strategies, including coordinating the development of collateral in cooperation with Research; representing the company at conferences and tradeshows; maintaining a database of prospects and managing regular follow-up and relationship building activities. This position will suit a self-starter who has already had significant product or services marketing experience and who is ready for a more stand-alone role with greater levels of autonomy and responsibility.
The position reports to the CEO, and will work closely with the Director, Operations and VP, Research.
- The summary responsibility is to develop and implement the Company’s marketing strategy, resulting in raised awareness and increased lead flow. This will include:
- Curating the Company’s digital media presence, including the Company website, SEO and social media presence
- Leading the design and execution of digital marketing and advertising campaigns
- Working with channel partners (e.g., conference organizers, webinar promoters) to develop opportunities for SeromYx to showcase its capabilities broadly
- Collaborating with Research to develop marketing collateral including themed materials (focusing on e.g., a therapeutic area or stage of development)
- Coordinating and managing routine outreach activities such as newsletters/blogs and mailings
- Managing a customer database and ensuring routine follow-up
- Designing and implementing a customer satisfaction measurement tool and process
- Representing the Company at conferences and tradeshows
- Developing and implementing lead generation strategies, and qualifying and following up on resultant leads
- Establishing marketing approaches to support the company’s initiatives outside infectious disease, notably in autoimmunity, cancer and neuroinflammation
- B.A. or M.A. in biology or related discipline; MBA a plus.
- Demonstrated multi-year experience in marketing/business development in a biopharmaceutical, business to business environment, including experience with digital marketing tools
- A passion for the transformational potential of immunology, vaccines, and immunotherapies
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- A driven self-starter, adaptable, comfortable in a small company, dynamic, environment.
More information on SeromYx and our technology is available at our website, www.seromyx.com.
What we offer
Beyond competitive salary and full benefits, including generous paid vacation and 401K with match, at this stage of its development, SeromYx offers unparalleled opportunities for professional growth and undiluted equity participation via a stock option program.
SeromYx embraces diversity and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or any other employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. At this time, SeromYx will not be able to sponsor any visas.