SeromYx Systems is a biotechnology service company that provides clients and partners with unprecedented insight into the functional antibody response, based on the Systems Serology platform developed at the Ragon Institute of MGH, MIT and Harvard. Starting operations at the end of 2019, in our first 20 months, we doubled in size, driven by client demand in both vaccines and monoclonal therapeutics, and targets ranging from blockbuster indications to neglected tropical diseases (NTD), with significant contributions to the fight against SARS-COV-2.
Looking forward, we expect a further doubling of our activity as we support the discovery and development of second-generation coronavirus vaccines, as other client projects move into BLA-enabling studies, as we expand our NTD business and as we grow into new therapeutic areas such as autoimmunity, neurodegeneration, and oncology. As a further consequence of our success, we have outgrown our space in Cambridge and moved into new build custom labs in Woburn, MA in May, 2022.
We are seeking a talented, experienced, and motivated individual to join our growing team as Research Associate.
You will be a key contributor to various client and research projects and responsible for executing laboratory experiments, analyzing, and reporting results, and working within a larger team on a regular basis. You should be a team player able to excel in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. You will report to a lead client-facing Scientist.
Here’s what you will be doing:
- Perform biophysical and antibody effector function profiling assays as part of our Systems Serology platform.
- Support assay standardization / development and qualification activities for novel systems serology offerings.
- Contribute to client-facing and internal projects, executing assigned tasks and reporting results
- Maintain reliable and accurate record-keeping following good documentation practices.
- Support compliance with relevant GxP requirements and quality standards
- Contribute to client interactions, including meetings or writing client reports and analyses
- Manage lab reagent inventory and preparation of custom reagents, as needed.
- Participate in general maintenance and monitoring of laboratory equipment, as needed.
What are we looking for?
- B.S./M.S. in biological sciences with 1 – 5 years of experience in clinical laboratory or pharmaceutical industry setting
- Experience with flow cytometry, Luminex, ELISA, and similar techniques is preferred
- Experience with mammalian cell culture (primary cells and/or cell lines) is preferred
- Hands on experience with cell-based assay development is desirable
- Experience working under a quality system (e.g., GCLP or CLIA) is highly desirable
- Independently motivated and detail-oriented
- Excellent organizational, time management, critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
What’s in it for you?
Beyond competitive salary and full benefits, including generous paid vacation and 401K with match, at this stage of its development, we offer unparalleled opportunities for professional growth and undiluted equity participation via a stock option program.
We embrace diversity and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or any other employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. At this time, we will not be able to sponsor any visas.