SeromYx supports the biopharma industry in vaccine and immunotherapeutic product development, and targets range from blockbuster indications to neglected tropical diseases (NTD), with significant contributions to the fight against SARS-COV-2. Driven by client demand, we expect to double in size as we support discovery and development of second-generation coronavirus vaccines, including BLA-enabling studies. Additionally, our business is also expanding in the NTD and in new therapeutic areas such as autoimmunity and oncology. As a further consequence of our success, we have outgrown our space in Cambridge and will be moving into new build custom labs in Woburn, MA. in Q2 2022.
SeromYx is seeking two talented, experienced, and motivated individuals to join our growing team as Associate Scientists. The successful candidates will be key contributors to various client and research projects and responsible for executing laboratory experiments, analyzing and reporting results, and working within a larger team on a regular basis. Applicants should be team players able to excel in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. The positions report to a lead client-facing Scientist.
• Perform biophysical and antibody effector function profiling assays as part of our Systems Serology platform.
• Pilot or support assay standardization / development and qualification activities for novel systems serology offerings.
• Contribute to client-facing and internal projects, executing assigned tasks and reporting results
• Maintain reliable and accurate record-keeping following good documentation practices.
• Support compliance with relevant GxP requirements and quality standards
• Contribute to client interactions, including writing or editing client reports and analyses
• Manage lab reagent inventory and preparation of custom reagents, as needed.
• Participate in general maintenance and monitoring of laboratory equipment, as needed.
• B.S./M.S in biological sciences with 3-5 years of experience in clinical laboratory or pharmaceutical industry setting
• Experience with flow cytometry, Luminex, ELISA, and similar techniques is preferred
• Experience with mammalian cell culture (primary cells and/or cell lines) is required
• Hands on experience with cell-based assay development is highly desirable
• Experience working under a quality system (e.g., GCLP or CLIA) is a plus
• Independently motivated and detail-oriented
• Excellent organizational, time management, critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills
What we offer
Beyond competitive salary and full benefits, including generous paid vacation and 401K with match, at this stage of its development, SeromYx offers unparalleled opportunities for professional growth with a fixed equity participation via a stock option program.
SeromYx embraces diversity and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or any other employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.